Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "Qing, Hai (Paul PSW CMS R&D)" <ha...@hpe.com> on 2017/04/19 02:08:28 UTC

thread leak when do these operations:ADD,DELETE,MODIFY,MOVE,RENAME,MOVE_AND_RENAME

Hi Sir,
I think there is a bug in the Apacheds server when did following operation:
ADD,DELETE,MODIFY,MOVE,RENAME,MOVE_AND_RENAME

These operation will cause thread leak. I checked the code. The interceptor's API has destroy method. However, the EventInterceptor didn't override that method. I think it should add method in the event interceptor,Like following:
    @Override
    public void destroy(){
       executor.shutdown();
}

It should call interceptor's destroy method in the DefaultDirectoryService' shutdown method. such as:
public synchronized void shutdown() throws Exception
{

this.destoryInteceptors();
}

private void destoryInteceptors(){
for ( Interceptor interceptor : interceptors )
     interceptor. destroy();
}
}

Thanks,
Hai

Re: thread leak when do these operations:ADD,DELETE,MODIFY,MOVE,RENAME,MOVE_AND_RENAME

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Qing,

you are most certainly right !

I have added your code suggestion in the server, I still have to run the
test, will do that tomottow morning (it's 4am here...)

Many thanks for the thorough analysis !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com