Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Tom Eyckmans <te...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/08 18:03:46 UTC

Guice integration for apache-pivot

Hi,
Just wanted to let you known I've created a Guice extension/integration for
apache-pivot (if you can call it that it's just one class :P). I didn't
find it so thought I'd share it with you.
You can find it here: https://bitbucket.org/teyckmans/guicy-apache-pivot/
overview
I've created a GuicyBXMLSerializer that extends the BXMLSerializer class.
It overrides the newTypedObject method to have Guice create new classes and
the newIncludeSerializer method to make sure that included BXML files also
use the GuicyBXMLSerializer.
So to use it you only have to use the GuicyBXMLSerializer instead of the
normal BXMLSerializer to have Guice wire your GUI classes up.
Kind regards,

Tom Eyckmans

Re: Guice integration for apache-pivot

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,
assigned Committer rights for pivot-contrib, so you can now add it as a new
project under trunk.
Have a good commit :-) . If you need some help/info, ask to us, don't worry.

After the commit tell to us so we can look at it (and maybe help to align
to other subprojects here) ...
Be free to add even a pre-packages jar under download section, and maybe
even a wiki page with some info on its usage, if/when you have some time.

Bye,
Sandro

Posted by Tom Eyckmans <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sandro,

Posted by Tom Eyckmans <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sandro,

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,
thank you very much for your contribution to Pivot.

If you are interested, we could publish it in one of our subprojects at
apache-extras (like pivot-contrib) by giving to you commit rights there and
a few small coding convention ... tell me if you want.

Otherwise, to integrate it in core Pivot we have more constraints by ASF
rules (licensing in the code and in related dependencies, etc) and project
(do not add external dependencies if not really needed, etc), and have in
attach to a JIRA issue ... if you want you could even create a new one and
attach the code there.

If you need more info ask to us.

Thank you for now,
Sandro