Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by to...@gsk.com on 2004/08/24 13:42:22 UTC

Conversion problem on response of document style call

Hi, I'm fairly new to Axis and have been trying to write a client to
access a document style web service. Using the WSDL2JAVA utility works
fine and I can successfully make the call, using the generated classes.
However, I get a class cast exception on the response, since the stub is
just trying to cast the response (a vector of SOAPBodyElement instances,
actually RPCElement instances) to the expected type (generated by
WSDL2JAVA). How can I convert/deserialize the response into the the
expected type without having to manually code an XML parsing routine?
There is a generated class for the response message but appears to be no
methods to create that from the XML response - I guess it's for
server-side use. Any hints would be gratefully received as this is driving
me mad!

Tony