Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/05 08:41:35 UTC

I am having trouble mounting shared resources

Hello,

I am having troubles figuring out how to organize my static resources.

I would like to map a static URL alias, e.g. /js/fancybox, to a file
such as /js/fancybox/version123/fancybox-123.js. I also want to be
able to update the file version and after that have it served under
the same alias. This assumes that I will modify my Java code to
reference the new file name.

I think I need to create a resource reference class that points to
/js/fancybox/version123/fancybox-123.js and mount it in my Wicket
Application. But I can only mount a resource, not a
JavaScriptResourceReference in Application.init().

Can anybody please explain how to do this right?

Thanks

Re: I am having trouble mounting shared resources

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Quick solution:

Resource res = new JavaScriptResourceReference(....).getResource();
mountSharedResource(somePath, res);

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are using Wicket 1.4.17 but we would like to do something like this
> mountResource("/mount/path", new SomeResourceReference()) as described
> in http://wicketinaction.com/ for Wicket 1.5.
>
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am having troubles figuring out how to organize my static resources.
>>
>> I would like to map a static URL alias, e.g. /js/fancybox, to a file
>> such as /js/fancybox/version123/fancybox-123.js. I also want to be
>> able to update the file version and after that have it served under
>> the same alias. This assumes that I will modify my Java code to
>> reference the new file name.
>>
>> I think I need to create a resource reference class that points to
>> /js/fancybox/version123/fancybox-123.js and mount it in my Wicket
>> Application. But I can only mount a resource, not a
>> JavaScriptResourceReference in Application.init().
>>
>> Can anybody please explain how to do this right?
>>
>> Thanks

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: I am having trouble mounting shared resources

Posted by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com>.
I will have to track down each individual image use from css and mount
it. Is there a way to mount the entire folder?

Thanks!

Posted by "Miroslav F." <mi...@seznam.cz>.

Posted by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Miroslav F." <mi...@seznam.cz>.