Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net> on 2003/03/21 00:10:44 UTC

Build broken - admin.xml gets moved away

In the target "fix-webapps" it looks like it is moving the file admin.xml,
hence if I run
"ant dist" twice, the second build will fail

Filip

RE: Cluster wide deployment, question

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
> What do you mean ? When an app is deployed on one host in the
> cluster do you
> plan to copy it to all instances ?

exactly, imagine the benefit of companies running 10 tomcat instances.

> You can do that by creating an mbean and having it listen - look at
> MapperListener for an example.

will do, sounds like good way to go.

> I'm not very familiar with your impl - I assume each instance in a cluster
> has an "ID". I hope this ID is in sync with the jvm-route and the
> JMX domain

as for now, it doesn't really care about jvmroute and all the other good
stuff since it is an all to all cluster. Since all cluster nodes have the
same state, it doesn't matter where the load balancer redirects it. so you
could have sticky session load balancing, or a per request round robin.

Once we do more efficient clustering ie primary and secondary state holders,
then we need to coordinate a way to load balance around that.

Filip

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.