Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by reetika agrawal <ag...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/20 05:11:01 UTC

Question on Ranger policy?

Hi,
Is there any ranger java client available to get all the ranger policies
instead of using API calls?

Reetika Agrawal

Re: Question on Ranger policy?

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Zsombor

This looks good. Do you which jar will have the client library? And does it generate the JavaDoc for the Java REST API?

Thanks

Bosco

From: "Zs." <gz...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 12:40 PM
To: ranger <de...@ranger.apache.org>
Cc: "user@ranger.apache.org" <us...@ranger.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Question on Ranger policy?

There is an Enunciate plugin configured, which generates client libraries during build time - unfortunately, it's not published anywhere, you have to build Ranger by yourself, and I guess, it's not heavily used.

Regards,

 Zsombor

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 8:20 PM Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

I got a similar request from someone else also. I feel, lot of them might have already wrote their custom code to manage Ranger policies. We can see if someone wants to contribute it back to the community.

Reetika, can you can create a JIRA to track this?

Thanks

Bosco

On 1/22/19, 3:37 PM, "Ramesh Mani" <rm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    Hi Reetika Agrawal,

    Apache Ranger only has REST APIs for the policy operations.

    Thanks,
    Ramesh

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Zsombor

From: "Zs." <gz...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 12:40 PM
To: ranger <de...@ranger.apache.org>
Cc: "user@ranger.apache.org" <us...@ranger.apache.org>

Posted by "Zs." <gz...@gmail.com>.
There is an Enunciate <http://enunciate.webcohesion.com/> plugin

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Ramesh, this looks good.

Thanks

Bosco

On 1/23/19, 12:57 PM, "Ramesh Mani" <rm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    Bosco,

    There were some efforts done on this. Please check this out
    https://github.com/jjmeyer0/ranger-client

    This might help too.

    Thanks,
    Ramesh