Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2004/01/08 19:24:47 UTC

403 error page not being displayed

I have roles configured on my "/editUser" action mapping so that only
administrator can access it.  When I try to request the page as a
"user", I get the default 403 page from Tomcat, rather than my app's
configured one.  In web.xml, I have a number of error pages defined, and
404 works OK:

    <error-page>
        <error-code>500</error-code>
        <location>/error.jsp</location>
    </error-page>
    <error-page>
        <error-code>400</error-code>
        <location>/index.jsp</location>
    </error-page>
    <error-page>
        <error-code>403</error-code>
        <location>/403.jsp</location>
    </error-page>
    <error-page>
        <error-code>404</error-code>
        <location>/404.jsp</location>
    </error-page>

In another application, that uses a very similar structure, when a 403
is returned the user sees nothing - they're just routed back to the
welcome file of the app.

The first app uses a Struts Nightly build from early December, the 2nd
uses Struts 1.1.  Any ideas why my 403.jsp error page isn't displaying?
I can pull it up fine if I type in the URL.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: 403 error page not being displayed

Posted by Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>.
I couldn't see any.  But could you modify the GZIPResponseWrapper so
that the sendError() or setStatus() methods can keep a copy of the
status and add a getStatus() method so you can retrieve it later?

Jason Lea

RE: 403 error page not being displayed

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.