Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sven Stark <sv...@m-square.com.au> on 2013/11/12 07:37:02 UTC

SolrCloud 4.5.1 and Zookeeper SASL

Howdy.

We are testing to upgrade Solr from 4.3 to 4.5.1 . We're using SolrCloud
and our problem is that the core does not appear to be loaded anymore.

We've set logging to DEBUG and we've found lots of those

2013-11-12 06:30:43,339 [pool-2-thread-1-SendThread(our.zookeeper.com:2181)]
DEBUG org.apache.zookeeper.client.ZooKeeperSaslClient â<U+0080><U+0093>
Could not retrieve login configuration: java.lang.SecurityException: Unable
to locate a login configuration

Zookeeper is up and running.

Is there any doco on how to disable SASL ? Or what changes were made to
SolrCould exactly?

Much appreciated,
Sven

Re: SolrCloud 4.5.1 and Zookeeper SASL

Posted by Sven Stark <sv...@m-square.com.au>.
Shawn,

thanks for taking the time to reply.

Turned out it was something entirely different. We missed to deploy newly
added core.properties file. Adding them immediately fixed everything.
The zookeeper debug messages apparently are there even if SASL is turned
off. We just got sidetracked because there are no error messages related to
the missing file in the logs.

Cheers,
Sven

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.