Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by hsp <pi...@ibest.com.br> on 2006/09/23 03:02:25 UTC

compacting (zipping) contents.

Hi;
Another doubt I bet you could help me again.
I am afraid that the size of the database will grow very fast for us. How could
I do to put compact the binaries contents in the jcr:content (nt:resource,
jcr:data) and do the indexes keeping doing like it already does for documents?
Some ideas? The solution I am looking for is kind of superfluous resource for
you guys?
Thanks in advance.
Helio.

Re: compacting (zipping) contents.

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
you would need to implement a customized blobstore that
compresses/decompresses the blobs when storing/loading and to patch
your persistencemanager to use this blobstore.

regards, toby

On 9/23/06, hsp <pi...@ibest.com.br> wrote:
> Hi;
> Another doubt I bet you could help me again.
> I am afraid that the size of the database will grow very fast for us. How could
> I do to put compact the binaries contents in the jcr:content (nt:resource,
> jcr:data) and do the indexes keeping doing like it already does for documents?
> Some ideas? The solution I am looking for is kind of superfluous resource for
> you guys?
> Thanks in advance.
> Helio.

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97