Posted to users@flex.apache.org by jwatson000 <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/24 06:50:16 UTC

Apache Flex Installer non-functional

Hello, the Apache Flex Installer has been non-function all day for me, on 2
different machines.  Is there something wrong with whatever server is
providing the download and version information?  The dropdown boxes for
'Select Flex Version', 'Select AIR Version', and 'Select Flash Player
Version' are all empty, and no installation can occur:

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n6253/Screen_Shot_2014-04-23_at_11.png>

When I attempt to download a new/updated/fixed Apache Flex Installer from
the website, it is similarly broken, displaying no version number, and a
greyed-out Download button.  This occurs from multiple browsers and multiple
machines:

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n6253/Screen_Shot_2014-04-23_at_11.png>

Re: Apache Flex Installer non-functional

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 4/23/14 9:50 PM, "jwatson000" <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello, the Apache Flex Installer has been non-function all day for me, on
>2
>different machines.  Is there something wrong with whatever server is
>providing the download and version information?
Apache has been having trouble with web site servers.  If you launch the
installer and look in the log, which version does it saying you are
running?

Re: Apache Flex Installer non-functional

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 4/23/14 10:01 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>HI,
>
>Do you know what version of the installer you are using? What does the
>menu show if you right click in the installer? What shows up if you click
>"Instal Log"?
I'm guessing it is 2.7.  I just looked at the 3.1 config.xml and it didn't
validate as XML.  I just checked in a fix.  CMS is still busted.  I'll ask
infra to force a build.

-Alex

Re: Apache Flex Installer non-functional

Posted by Diogo Vieira <di...@gmail.com>.
thanks, it works again...

Posted by jwatson000 <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
OK.  I found a bad config file on the server.  I fixed it and I'm trying
to get it pushed to production but the CMS is broken and the server folks
are busy trying to figure out why.

You can try a pre-release of the 3.0.0 installer from [1] if you want, but
you may run into default locale issues if you use it to install 4.12.
Fixing locale issues should be as simple as setting the default locale in
flex-config.xml to en_US.

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/installer/3.0/rc7/binaries/

-Alex

Posted by jwatson000 <jo...@gmail.com>.
Installer version 2.7.0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by jwatson000 <jo...@gmail.com>.
For some reason the message board system failed to process my images properly
and seems to be displaying image #2 for both of the embedded images.  The
image I uploaded for #1 looked like this:

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n6254/flex_instal_fail.png>