Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Peter Lerche <pe...@easyspeedy.com> on 2005/06/28 12:51:43 UTC

EL expressions and faces-config.xml

Hi,

I don't understand why my faces-config.xml file is not being passed for EL
expressions. I have a #{sessionScope.myData} EL expression which is being
seen as a String instead of an EL expression. The server is running myFaces
1.0.9/servlet 2.4/jsp 2.0

Any ideas would be appreciated.

 <managed-bean>
        <managed-bean-name>jsfSelectServer</managed-bean-name>
<managed-bean-class>com.easyspeedy.SelectServer</managed-bean-class>
        <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
        <managed-property>
            <property-name>data</property-name>
            <value>#{sessionScope.myData}</value>
        </managed-property>
    </managed-bean>

--
Peter Lerche
-------------------------------------

Re: EL expressions and faces-config.xml

Posted by Daniel Zwink <zw...@oio.de>.
Hi Peter,

on 28.06.2005 12:51 Peter Lerche wrote:

> I don't understand why my faces-config.xml file is not being passed for EL
> expressions. I have a #{sessionScope.myData} EL expression which is being
> seen as a String instead of an EL expression. The server is running myFaces
> 1.0.9/servlet 2.4/jsp 2.0
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>

>  <managed-bean>
>         <managed-bean-name>jsfSelectServer</managed-bean-name>
> <managed-bean-class>com.easyspeedy.SelectServer</managed-bean-class>
>         <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
>         <managed-property>
>             <property-name>data</property-name>
>             <value>#{sessionScope.myData}</value>
>         </managed-property>
>     </managed-bean>

Is "myData" another managed bean? I think it should be.
Furthermore I think that declaration of "sessionScope" is not allowed
(at least not required).

HTH, Daniel
--
Orientation in Objects GmbH