Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by berges <be...@mesan.no> on 2016/08/26 09:04:19 UTC

DLQ.DLQ.*, DLQ.DLQ.DLQ.* entries. Duplicate DLQ-messages using Journaling.

Hello.
I'm having a hard time figuring out why my broker is 'occasionally' creating
extra DLQ-queues holding duplicate messages.
Browsing the admin console, I'm seeing something like this:

- DLQ.myEventQueue
- DLQ.DLQ.myEventQueue

They both hold a message with the same message ID, eg.
ID:ClientABC-61753-1471513949441-1:4:1:3:1

The one from DLQ.myEventQueue is a standard entry caused by a client
transaction rollback.
The (unwanted) one from DLQ.DLQ.myEventQueue has a
- dlqDeliveryFailureCause: java.lang.Throwable: duplicate paged in from
store for queue://DLQ.eAdminESBEventQueue

At some point I might even get a third queue named
- DLQ.DLQ.DLQ.myEventQueue holding another message with the samme MessageID
and the same dlqDeliveryFailureCause

The ActiveMQ broker is set up in a semi-active test environment with
multiple clients.

Note: We are in the process of upgrading from 5.7 to 5.14. I may missed some
vital information about configuration changes...I'm guessing there is some
issue with the use of Journaling and synchronization between Kahadb and the
MSSQL-database. Please have a look at the attaced configuration file
activemq-anonymous.xml
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4715868/activemq-anonymous.xml>

Going through the Issue Tracker I found relevant (resolved) bugs in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4485 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-5266.

- ActiveMQ version: 5.14.0
- JDK: 1.8.0_93
- OS: Windows Server 2012 R2, 64Bit, 4GB RAM, Installed with 64 Windows
Service.
- Standard Jetty-configuration
- Log output: I've enabled DEBUG, but I can't find a way to provoke the
error. It can take days before another DLQ.DLQ-entry occurs. In my
log4j-configuration I have to limit the size of my log-files, due to limited
disk space on  the server. And with DEBUG enabled they fill up relatively
quickly.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: DLQ.DLQ.*, DLQ.DLQ.DLQ.* entries. Duplicate DLQ-messages using Journaling.

Posted by berges <be...@mesan.no>.
As requested: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-6424
I'm still unable to reproduce (reliably), unfortuanetly.

Re: DLQ.DLQ.*, DLQ.DLQ.DLQ.* entries. Duplicate DLQ-messages using Journaling.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Can you submit a bug for this?  Since you're running 5.14.0, there's
clearly not a known bug that you just need to upgrade to get, and I wasn't
able to find any other descriptions of behavior like this (detecting
duplicates when paging in DLQ messages), so it seems as though this is a
new problem.  If you're able to reliably reproduce the problem, that'll
increase the odds of a fix, but even without that it's possible that a
developer might be able to identify a code path that would result in it
being considered a duplicate.

Tim