Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Patrick Rutkowski <ru...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/05 07:11:38 UTC

use warnings logging

This post is in the context of mod_perl-2 handler's such as
PerlResponseHandler MyModule::handler().

When "use strict" in one of my modules has something to complain
about it puts an error message into the vhosts's error log  as any
good warnings/errors module should, for example /www/addons/logs/
error_log. However "use warnings" in my handler's likes to put all of
it's message into the server's global error_log, which is /opt/apache/
logs/error_log. This is obviously very unsuitable since error
messages from multiple vhosts will go into the same log file! Madness!

There has to be a way to fix this, but how?

Patrick R.