Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by John Reidy <jo...@reidysystems.com> on 2005/12/13 01:49:08 UTC

Q re returning all hits from a document

Hi,
I have a requirement to build an intranet style full text searching
system for a relatively small set (less < 500)
of fairly lengthy word and PDF documents.
What they want is all hits for search terms on a particular document to
be displayed - together with the context. So if "policy" appears 5 times
in a particular document, then 5 hits would be displayed in the search
results.

I have been learning nutch and lucene and am now about to look into the
details of the source code, if anyone has any information on how this
might be implemented I would appreciate it. I guess this question might
be more relevant if asked on the lucene lists, however I thought I would
start here.

Regards

John Reidy.