Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Se...@london.sema.slb.com> on 2004/02/09 19:12:39 UTC

RE: JMeter from time to time doesn't calculate regular expression s for some threads

I'll try and look at the Regex problem, as I'm sure will others.

==

But as a separate issue - what was the problem with the recent builds?
There have been some test failures that we are aware of (but they are due to
running without a display), but I don't think any of us are aware of any
other major problems.
If there are problems, then we need to amend the unit tests to detect
them...

Which host did you download from?
Have you got any logs (jmeter.log) ?

Note that you need both the _bin (Jmeter binary) and _lib (3rd party jars)
files, which should be unzipped in the same directory tree - i.e. pick the
same top-level directory and unzip preserving folders.

S.

from any virus transmitted.

RE: JMeter from time to time doesn't calculate regular expression s for some threads

Posted by Vladimir Tsygankov <Vl...@contera.sp.ru>.
Regards,
Vladimir

Latest nightly build we took from
http://gump.covalent.net/jars/latest/jakarta-jmeter/

> Have you got any logs (jmeter.log) ?

when we run our test under the latest build
(jakarta-jmeter-20040208_bin.zip + jakarta-jmeter-20040208_lib.zip) we
get the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError  Exception message in the java
console window.
When we tried to test under previous builds (02/05/2004 - 02/05/2007) we
got jmeter's logs. CSVRead function seems not to work (See log files
attached).

> Note that you need both the _bin (Jmeter binary) and _lib (3rd party
jars)
> files, which should be unzipped in the same directory tree - i.e. pick
the
> same top-level directory and unzip preserving folders.
>
> S.

__

Regular expressions for some threads are calculated incorrectly

Posted by Vladimir Tsygankov <Vl...@contera.sp.ru>.
Hello, colleagues,
We think the next regular expression function
${__regexFunction(<option value="(.*)"
>File,$1$,${__threadNum},,,refContainerID)}
for various threads from time to time works incorrectly in non-GUI
JMeter mode. It misses results for threads.
We attached log files for cases of correct (Thread32-server answer.txt,
Thread32-correct request.txt) and incorrect (Thread33-server answer.txt,
Thread33-incorrect request.txt) working.
It should work the next way:
for thread 32: ContainerID=47
for thread 33: ContainerID=48 (really ContainerID=49 - it is for another
thread!)

Notes. 1. It happens occasionally (for any thread. Sometimes it doesn’t
happen at all).
2. It seems to depend on number of threads (it doesn't take place for a
few threads). We were
testing for about 100 threads (users)
3. Perhaps it connected with incorrect function "__threadNum" which is
included in regexFunction.
4. We tried some times under JMeter with GUI and it worked fine.
5. We used JMeter (jakarta-jmeter-20040215).

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir