Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Paul Ryder <pa...@greenwaymediatech.com> on 2023/02/03 09:53:00 UTC

Solr Master Reboot

Hi,

I have a standalone Solr with a master and 2 slaves. I need to resize/reboot the master whilst leaving the slaves up. Around 30 cores, so disabling replication for a few mins would be a pain, as it seems can only be done on a core-by-core basis. What's the best practise here? Simply take down the master and let the replication fail then eventually recover?

Ta! Paul

Re: Solr Master Reboot

Posted by Paul Ryder <pa...@greenwaymediatech.com>.
Not a bad idea… or maybe even just a small shell script… ta!

________________________________
Posted by Michael Conrad <mi...@newsrx.com>.

RE: Solr Master Reboot

Posted by Paul Ryder <pa...@greenwaymediatech.com>.
HI Shawn

Re: Solr Master Reboot

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Re: Solr Master Reboot

Posted by Paul Ryder <pa...@greenwaymediatech.com>.
Excellent! Thanks…

Just reboot it. Solr will shut down all connections, interrupting any in-progress replication. The replication will be retried after it starts back up.

Failure of the master during replication has been safe for many years.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: Solr Master Reboot