Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@00java.com> on 2002/07/23 02:08:58 UTC

RESEND -> Re: [SUBMIT] [jelly] tag library for prompting users for information

I'm not sure if my MTA is bombing out or what, but it seems like some messages
are not getting through.  Just in case, I'm re-submitting this reply.  Please
disregard if this got through the first time...

I have to say that I'm not really impressed with the HTML/XHTML 4 form
syntax...I've looked over the w3c recommendation, and it just seems like
any set of properties that belong together logically should be force to
be written together syntactically.  It would be completely legal for the
label and the input to be declared at opposite ends of the form, which
would create two problems:  one, that the rendering becomes somewhat
ambiguous, and two, that maintenance of that section of code would
become infinitely more difficult.  I would propose taking a poll on
this:  if everyone else thinks it's a good idea, I'll implement it
(after all, it is a standard, whatever its quality).  Beyond that, I'm
just not convinced that this would make a particular jelly script
implementing a property sheet easier to comprehend / maintain...

Please let me know what you think on this...

Regards,
John

Re: RESEND -> Re: [SUBMIT] [jelly] tag library for prompting users forinformation

Posted by John Casey <jd...@00java.com>.
WOW!  Didn't even know about this site!  I'll look at the api, and try
to incorporate it into my refactor tonight.  And I'll keep an eye on
this site.

Thanks,
John

Posted by John Casey <jd...@00java.com>.