Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Adrian Chong <ac...@csis.hku.hk> on 2002/01/17 12:02:13 UTC

remote access via command line tool

Hi,

If I run the command line tool dbxml or dbxmladmin to access the dbxml
(version 1.0b4) server locally, everything is ok so far. But if I access
the dbxml server remotely as in the user guide, for example,

dbxml lc -c /db -u http://my_host:4080

I will give me an error:

ERROR: A connection to the Database instance 'db' could not be created.
Error: Invalid URL: http://my_host:4080/NamingService.

I have tried xmlindice://my_host:4080 and xmldb:dbxml://my_host:4080,
theyl do not work. I also tried modifying config/system.xml to uncomment
the line with "http://localhost:4080/NamingService", it won't work too.

Any idea? How to fix it? Many thanks.

--Adrian