Posted to user@lens.apache.org by david abiuso <da...@yellowfin.bi> on 2015/12/09 07:20:54 UTC

jdbc connection string port

Hi Team,

I've followed the installation guide<https://lens.apache.org/lenshome/install-and-run.html> and have LENS up and running, and can query the demo data using the lens-shell, and also using the LENS QUERY UI

However, I am trying to connect via JDBC from SQuirreL but keep getting a java.sql.SQLException: "Unable to create connection. Check your URL."

I am using org.apache.lens.client.jdbc.LensJdbcDriver from lens-client-2.4.0-beta.jar and my connection string is of the form:

jdbc:lens://hostname:port/dbname;

and I have tried every port that is listed via netstat -ant on my Apache-Lens VM.

Could you please confirm what the default port for the JDBC connection string is? And if you can think of any other tips that would be very much appreciated!

David Abiuso   /   Customer Support
p. 1300 651 071 (AU)   /   skype. yellowfinbisupport   /   support@yellowfin.bi<ma...@yellowfin.bi>
Yellowfin
Level 46 / 360 Elizabeth Street Melbourne 3000 Australia
www.yellowfinbi.com<http://www.yellowfinbi.com>
[Description: Twitter]<https://twitter.com/YellowfinBI>   [Description: Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/user/YellowfinTeam>    [Description: Linkedin] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/yellowfin>    [Description: YellowfinWiki] <http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER70/Home>    [Description: YellowfinForum] <http://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4>