Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter-Frank Spierenburg <sp...@hotmail.com> on 2019/03/02 14:07:10 UTC

How do I break the unit test generated as part of a plugin project?

I've created a project using the maven-archetype-plugin archetype:

$ mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=org.example -DartifactId=my-plugin -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-plugin -DinteractiveMode=false

And I would like to understand how the generated unit test (org.example.MyMojoTest testSomething()) works.

To do that, I attempted to change the outputDirectory in the src/test/resources/project-to-test/pom.xml reasoning that that would change where the touch.txt file would be generated, and thus cause the test to fail.

However, no matter what I change the outputDirectory property to, the touch.txt file is still generated in target/test-classes/project-to-test/target/

What am I missing?

Peter-Frank Spierenburg