Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by sgargan <sg...@qualcomm.com> on 2007/04/26 00:49:37 UTC

JBI Integration samples

I have been trying to get the JBI integration samples in CXF-2.0-incubator-M1
working with ServiceMix (3.2-Snapshot). I'm using the ant tasks to install
and start the CXF engine. It installs correctly but on start I get an
exception complaining that

 Class [org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanNamespaceHandler] does not
implement the NamespaceHandler interface

It seems to be the same issue as observed in the following thread

http://www.nabble.com/Using-CXF-with-ServiceMix-3.1-tf3352678.html#a9371714

According to the post this is due to a mismatch in the versions of spring
being used in sm and cxf. As suggested in that thread, I have tried updating
the jbi.xml as suggested to load the component first i.e.

<jbi version="1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jbi"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jbi ./jbi.xsd">

  <component type="service-engine"
component-class-loader-delegation="self-first">
    <identification>
      <name>CXFServiceEngine</name>
      <description>This is a cxf service engine</description>
    </identification>
    <component-class-name
description="description">org.apache.cxf.jbi.se.CXFServiceEngine</component-class-name>
    <component-class-path>
      <path-element>cxf-integration-jbi-2.0-incubator-M1.jar</path-element>
      <path-element>cxf-incubator.jar</path-element>
    </component-class-path>

<bootstrap-class-name>org.apache.cxf.jbi.se.CXFBootstrap</bootstrap-class-name>
    <bootstrap-class-path>
      <path-element>cxf-integration-jbi-2.0-incubator-M1.jar</path-element>
      <path-element>cxf-incubator.jar</path-element>
    </bootstrap-class-path>
  </component>
</jbi>

But get the same result. Is this the correct was to have the component
initialize itself first?
Has anyone successfully deployed the examples on a SM instance > 3.0 or have
any other ideas how i might resolve this? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance

stephen.

Re: JBI Integration samples

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Things have been progressing slowly as I did not had much time to spend on
it recently.
Help is more than welcome :-) thanks !
If you need more details, feel free to ask for more details.

On 4/26/07, sgargan <sg...@qualcomm.com> wrote:

> Thx for the replies. Has the design been settled upon? Is there anything
> that
> I could help with?
>
> stephen.
>

> Jonathan Anstey wrote:
> >
> > Hi Stephen,
> >
> > I encountered the same problem you are having a while ago now [1]. I did
> > some initial work on it then but got pulled off onto other things.
> > Having come back to the issue about a week ago, and realizing that the
> > old SMX-CXF integration code will be trashed soon [2], I decided to wait
> > :) BTW the fix that was suggested in [1] did not work for me either.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jon
> >
> > [1]
> >
> http://www.nabble.com/Using-CXF-with-ServiceMix-3.1-tf3352678.html#a9371714
> > [2] http://www.nabble.com/ServiceMix---CXF-integration-tf3644400.html
> >
> > Bozhong Lin wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> This is a known issue for current CXF [1]. The issue is left unfixed
> >> in RC release since the ServiceMix/CXF integration right now is
> >> undergoing major changes [2], and there is a possibility the the old
> >> way of doing Service/CXF integration will be removed. There is also a
> >> plan to update the sample as soon as the new ServiceMix/CXF
> >> integration is done Taking this opportunity of change, please feel
> >> free to send any feedbacks in this area if you have.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Bo
> >>
> >> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-569
> >> [2] http://www.nabble.com/ServiceMix---CXF-integration-tf3644400.html

> http://www.nabble.com/Using-CXF-with-ServiceMix-3.1-tf3352678.html#a9371714

> </component-class-name>
> </bootstrap-class-name>

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Principal Engineer, IONA
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: JBI Integration samples

Posted by Jonathan Anstey <ja...@iona.com>.
Guillaume mentioned a few items that still need work in the following
thread:

Re: JBI Integration samples

Posted by sgargan <sg...@qualcomm.com>.

Re: JBI Integration samples