Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/04/18 14:44:59 UTC

[VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

I move that Tapestry be:

* promoted out of the incubator
* promoted to Jakarta SubProject status

Tapestry committers:
[ ] +1 - Yeah lets finally make it
[ ] +0 - Who cares, whatever you guys think is best
[ ] -0 - I don't like it but I don't care enough to object
[ ] -1 - I object, I like the incubator, who needs Jakarta anyhow!

Incubator PMC
[ ] +1 - Yeah and good riddence
[ ] +0 - no contest
[ ] -0 - no contest and I don't like it
[ ] -1 - No...you must stay...

Jakarta PMC
[ ] +1 - Welcome
[ ] +0 - Don't care but don't object
[ ] -0 - Don't like it but don't object
[ ] -1 - Go away!

Please signify your vote and your role.  I think its less confusing for
all three chambers of the tricameral house vote at once.

-Andy

Re: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by Richard Lewis-Shell <rl...@mac.com>.
> I move that Tapestry be:
>
> * promoted out of the incubator
+1

> * promoted to Jakarta SubProject status
+1

Richard Lewis-Shell (Tapestry committer)

Re: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Andrew C. Oliver <ac...@apache.org> wrote:

> Jakarta PMC

+1

I haven't really looked at the code that closely either (and am still
puzzled why Tapestry thinks it needs jBoss to build, it doesn't ;-).
But I am convinced that the Tapestry committers form a community that
fits into the Apache world.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
You have my +1 binding vote as a PMC member.  Site, docs, etc. look great.

Glenn

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
> I move that Tapestry be:
>
> * promoted out of the incubator
> * promoted to Jakarta SubProject status
>
> Tapestry committers:
> [ ] +1 - Yeah lets finally make it
> [ ] +0 - Who cares, whatever you guys think is best
> [ ] -0 - I don't like it but I don't care enough to object
> [ ] -1 - I object, I like the incubator, who needs Jakarta anyhow!

+1 to both. Geoff Longman, Tapestry Committer.

Geoffrey Longman
Intelligent Works Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 01:44  pm, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> I move that Tapestry be:
>
> * promoted out of the incubator
> * promoted to Jakarta SubProject status
>
> Tapestry committers:
> [ ] +1 - Yeah lets finally make it
> [ ] +0 - Who cares, whatever you guys think is best
> [ ] -0 - I don't like it but I don't care enough to object
> [ ] -1 - I object, I like the incubator, who needs Jakarta anyhow!
>
> Incubator PMC
> [ ] +1 - Yeah and good riddence
> [ ] +0 - no contest
> [ ] -0 - no contest and I don't like it
> [ ] -1 - No...you must stay...
>
> Jakarta PMC
> [X] +1 - Welcome
> [ ] +0 - Don't care but don't object
> [ ] -0 - Don't like it but don't object
> [ ] -1 - Go away!
>
> Please signify your vote and your role.  I think its less confusing
> for all three chambers of the tricameral house vote at once.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

RE: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
As a Tapestry committer I vote +1

Re: Access to Incubator CVS

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Sander,

Thanks.

- Paul

Sander

Re: Access to Incubator CVS

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
It will only be a matter of time before there are a number of forms to fill
out for any given function.  ;-)

Access to Incubator CVS

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Sander Striker wrote, On 09/05/2003 20.59:

>>Are you ready to vote?

+1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com>.
+1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com>.
+1

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Incubator,

Jakarta has voted to accept.  Tapestry has voted to move.  Please vote to
release.

-Andy

On 5/9/03 8:29 AM, "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com> wrote:

> This update occurred a while back?  Any feedback on tapestry/STATUS?  Are you
> ready to vote?
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

PLEASE VOTE! Re: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Incubator,

Jakarta has voted to accept.  Tapestry has voted to move.  Please vote to
release.

-Andy

On 5/9/03 8:29 AM, "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com> wrote:

> This update occurred a while back?  Any feedback on tapestry/STATUS?  Are you
> ready to vote?
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

RE: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Oh.  I hadn't seen any incubator votes.... humm

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.

Posted by David Solis <ds...@legosoft.com.mx>.

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> I move that Tapestry be:
>
> * promoted out of the incubator
> * promoted to Jakarta SubProject status
>
> Jakarta PMC
> [ X ] +1 - Welcome
> [ ] +0 - Don't care but don't object
> [ ] -0 - Don't like it but don't object
> [ ] -1 - Go away!

We've used Tapestry in the office for the last year. While it's not
clicked with me, others enjoy using it and prefer it to alternatives for
some types of applications [and vice versa for others, being Struts,
JSTL/Taglibs and Velocity].

Hen

Re: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Quote:

"Tapestry is an alternative to scripting environments such as JavaServer
Pages or Velocity. Tapestry goes far further, providing a complete
framework for creating extremely dynamic applications with minimal amounts
of coding."

If Tapestry lives up to its promise than it could well be a domain-killer
project.

Admittedly, I have not yet made the required investment to properly study
Tapestry. However, the project seems to display many of
the  characteristics of a successful Apache project. It offers a very
useful abstraction. It seems be well documented and to benefit from an
active developer community lead by a focused and dedicated individual.

Tapestry treads on the same turf as existing Jakarta projects (e.g.
Velocity, Struts). However, Tapestry seems to offer a complete solution
rather than parts of it.

Given the above, here is my (binding) vote:

Jakarta PMC
[X] +1 - Welcome
[ ] +0 - Don't care but don't object
[ ] -0 - Don't like it but don't object
[ ] -1 - Go away!

Welcome to Tapestry!

       http://www.qos.ch/shop/products/clm_t.jsp

Re: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
+1

At 10:44 PM 18/04/2003, you wrote:
>I move that Tapestry be:
>
>* promoted out of the incubator
>* promoted to Jakarta SubProject status
>
>Tapestry committers:
>[ ] +1 - Yeah lets finally make it
>[ ] +0 - Who cares, whatever you guys think is best
>[ ] -0 - I don't like it but I don't care enough to object
>[ ] -1 - I object, I like the incubator, who needs Jakarta anyhow!
>
>Incubator PMC
>[ ] +1 - Yeah and good riddence
>[ ] +0 - no contest
>[ ] -0 - no contest and I don't like it
>[ ] -1 - No...you must stay...
>
>Jakarta PMC
>[ ] +1 - Welcome
>[ ] +0 - Don't care but don't object
>[ ] -0 - Don't like it but don't object
>[ ] -1 - Go away!
>
>Please signify your vote and your role.  I think its less confusing for
>all three chambers of the tricameral house vote at once.
>
>-Andy
>
>Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
>
>>I just did a new audit.  We should be good to go.
>>
>>http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TapestryAudits/Apr2003
>>
>>Since the Gump thing cleared up, I can concentrate on some other issues,
>>such as properly building and signing the distros so that they can be
>>mirrored.
>>
>>--
>>Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
>>http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au

Re: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Re: Nomination

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 09:26  AM, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> BTW I nominate Erik Hatcher for the Jakarta PMC

*ugh* - open my "mouth" and look what I get....  :)

I don't quite know what it means to be on the PMC.  Heck, I'm on the
Ant PMC and am clueless about what my responsibilities are (besides
voting on decisions).

My plate is already fuller than I can comprehend.  I have a wall-sized
calendar to keep track of my schedule, and its still chaos.

But as long as all I have to do is send -1/+0/+1 e-mails then sure,
I'll accept the nomination.  :)

	Erik

Nomination

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Your vote counts to me Erik!  :-)

Erik Hatcher wrote:

> I don't think I qualify for any of those roles, but here is my +1 to
> moving Tapestry to a full Jakarta SubProject.  Its long overdue and
> certainly more than deserved.  Tapestry is a top-quality project.
>
>     Erik
>

> On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 08:44  AM, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>
>> I move that Tapestry be:
>>
>> * promoted out of the incubator
>> * promoted to Jakarta SubProject status
>>
>> Tapestry committers:
>> [ ] +1 - Yeah lets finally make it
>> [ ] +0 - Who cares, whatever you guys think is best
>> [ ] -0 - I don't like it but I don't care enough to object
>> [ ] -1 - I object, I like the incubator, who needs Jakarta anyhow!
>>
>> Incubator PMC
>> [ ] +1 - Yeah and good riddence
>> [ ] +0 - no contest
>> [ ] -0 - no contest and I don't like it
>> [ ] -1 - No...you must stay...
>>
>> Jakarta PMC
>> [ ] +1 - Welcome
>> [ ] +0 - Don't care but don't object
>> [ ] -0 - Don't like it but don't object
>> [ ] -1 - Go away!
>>
>> Please signify your vote and your role.  I think its less confusing
>> for all three chambers of the tricameral house vote at once.
>>
>> -Andy
>>
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
>>
>>> I just did a new audit.  We should be good to go.
>>>
>>> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TapestryAudits/Apr2003
>>>
>>> Since the Gump thing cleared up, I can concentrate on some other
>>> issues,
>>> such as properly building and signing the distros so that they can be
>>> mirrored.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>> Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
>>> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Here's a non-binding, non-pmc, easter +1.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Posted by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au>.
What state are you in? I was here yesterday... :(

--
Web Developer
f2 network ~ everything essential

Re: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:10, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Andrew C. Oliver <ac...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Note Howard that probably few votes will be cast until Monday :-)
>
> Or even Tuesday 8-)
>
> Those legendary Europeans with their six week vacations also tend to
> have prolonged holidays (there is an "Easter Monday" in Germany).

Us Aussies get Tuesday off too :)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Danny Angus wrote:
>>Those legendary Europeans with their six week vacations also tend to
>>have prolonged holidays (there is an "Easter Monday" in Germany).
>

> And Scotland, and I suspect England too.

And some regions (Cataluña, Valencia,...) of Spain. Not Madrid :-(

> d.

Santiago Gala
High Sierra Technology, S.L. (http://hisitech.com)
http://memojo.com?page=SantiagoGalaBlog

RE: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Oh and +1 (binding) from me.  Note Howard that probably few votes will be
cast until Monday :-)

-Andy

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
"All it takes for evil to florish is for good men to do nothing."

That's a little extreme, but I doubt anyone on the PMC has really looked at
Tapestry; there isn't much incentive for them to do so (unless they need to
implement a really snazzy web application).  I'll be very upset and

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.