Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/03 01:04:34 UTC

svnpubsub: dist is now live

The JMeter dist directory on minotaur [1] is now using svnpubsub.
It's no longer possible to manually copy files into the dist/jmeter
directory on minotaur (people) because the directory is owned by
svnpubsub.

Any new releases now need to be published by checking files into the
live svnpubsub repo at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/jmeter/

[This currently contains JMeter 2.8 as that is the current release.]

However, as before a release should only be done following a vote on an RC.

The recommended way to do this is to upload the RC files to the dev
svnpubsub repo at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/

[This is currently empty, as there are no votes in progress.]

The new process is as follows:

Create the release as before.

Instead of uploading to a personal directory on people, use

ant RC_upload -DRC=RCn -DrepoType=live

Run the vote as usual, using the dev repo as the archive staging directory.

On a successful vote, publish the archives using

ant RC_publish -DRC=RCn -DrepoType=live

At a later stage, delete the old archives from the live repo:

ant release_delete -Djmeter.old.version=2.7 -DrepoType=live

Hope that's all clear - I guess we'll find out when we do the next release!

[1] /www/www.apache.org/dist/jmeter

Re: svnpubsub: dist is now live

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Le 03/12/2012 00:04, sebb a ecrit :
> The JMeter dist directory on minotaur [1] is now using svnpubsub.
> It's no longer possible to manually copy files into the dist/jmeter
> directory on minotaur (people) because the directory is owned by
> svnpubsub.
>
> Any new releases now need to be published by checking files into the
> live svnpubsub repo at:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/jmeter/
>
> [This currently contains JMeter 2.8 as that is the current release.]
>

> However, as before a release should only be done following a vote on an RC.
>
> The recommended way to do this is to upload the RC files to the dev
> svnpubsub repo at:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/
>
> [This is currently empty, as there are no votes in progress.]
>
> The new process is as follows:
>
> Create the release as before.
>
> Instead of uploading to a personal directory on people, use
>
> ant RC_upload -DRC=RCn -DrepoType=live
>
> Run the vote as usual, using the dev repo as the archive staging directory.
>
> On a successful vote, publish the archives using
>
> ant RC_publish -DRC=RCn -DrepoType=live
>
> At a later stage, delete the old archives from the live repo:
>
> ant release_delete -Djmeter.old.version=2.7 -DrepoType=live
>
> Hope that's all clear - I guess we'll find out when we do the next release!

Yes, very clear.
Thanks for your work which simplify the release process.

Milamber