Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Prashant Baviskar <Pr...@patni.com> on 2007/08/13 09:23:05 UTC

Use of Struts Validation outside struts framework

Hi,

I have validation.xml & validator-rules.xml & many other validation rules
files in my existing struts application.

I have other desktop application which has same fields like forms in the
struts application.

I want to make use of above files (validation.xml, validator-rules.xml,
other validation files)

for validating same fields using Struts Validation framework

How can I use these files for validation.

Please help

--Thanks & Regards

Prashant Baviskar

http://www.patni.com

kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this
us immediately at netadmin@patni.com and delete this mail.

Re: Use of Struts Validation outside struts framework

Posted by Jasper Floor <ja...@gmail.com>.
> On 8/13/07, Prashant Baviskar <Pr...@patni.com> wrote:
> >
> > struts application.
> >
> > I want to make use of above files (validation.xml, validator-rules.xml,
> > other validation files)
> >
> > for validating same fields using Struts Validation framework
> >
> > How can I use these files for validation.

hmm, well, Struts validation uses apache commons validation. It
shouldn't be a big step to go from the on to the other, but I haven't
actually ever looked into it.

mvg,
Jasper

RE: Use of Struts Validation outside struts framework

Posted by Prashant Baviskar <Pr...@patni.com>.
Thanks Paulus,

I have to populate an ActionForms object first which happens in struts after
submitting form. & then struts validation does it's work before calling the
execute method.

I want to do the same explicitely.

Can you tell me the class which reads struts-config.xml, in which we add
validator plug-in

OR

The classes from Struts source which helps to perform validation in struts,
responsible for reading validation.xml , validator-rules.xml

Thanks & regards

Prashant

You will have to populate an ActionForm object, for the Validator requires

that.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.