Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2007/05/07 18:18:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release Cayenne 1.2.3 and 2.0.3

I'd like to start a vote on the 1.2.3 and 2.0.3 releases. Release
artifacts we are voting on are available here:

http://people.apache.org/~torehalset/release/1.2.3/
http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.3/

As a reminder, only 2.0.3 release must fully adhere to the ASF legal
guidelines; 1.2.3 will be posted on SourceForge and is a legacy
compatibility release. Please review and vote.

Thanks
Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Release Cayenne 1.2.3 and 2.0.3

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
+1

Re: Binding votes (WAS: [VOTE] Release Cayenne 1.2.3 and 2.0.3)

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On May 10, 2007, at 6:43 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:

>  I *could* just add an obligatory +1, but
> that doesn't feel right and I was hoping others had more time to do
> abetter
> checkout.

agreed

> The only thing I noticed when I took a very quick cursory look is
> that the 1.2.3 release Tore put together doesn't have checksum
> files, but I
> consider this a non-issue.

Yep - we just following our old pre-apache release procedure that
didn't include checksums or sigs.

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
I've been too busy (work and personal) to check out the release artifacts,
which is why I haven't chimed in.  I *could* just add an obligatory +1, but
that doesn't feel right and I was hoping others had more time to do abetter
checkout.  The only thing I noticed when I took a very quick cursory look is
that the 1.2.3 release Tore put together doesn't have checksum files, but I
consider this a non-issue.

Thanks,

/dev/mrg

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Right.  At the same time, hopefully a little prodding might help a
release sitting in limbo.  I didn't want anyone to think that my +1
meant that we had the three necessary.

--
Kevin

Re: Binding votes (WAS: [VOTE] Release Cayenne 1.2.3 and 2.0.3)

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
The vote should be open at least 72 hours, but it can be open as long
as necessary.

I will try to find time to look at the release tonight, but I have a
lot of non-computer-related issues to deal with at this time.

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Bill, thanks for chiming in. So now we can officially close the vote
with the following results:

Kevin Menard +1
Tore Halset +1 (PMC)
Andrus Adamchik +1 (PMC)
Bill Dudney +1 (PMC)

I will publish the artifacts and make an announcement (hopefully)
tomorrow.

Thanks
Andrus

Posted by Bill Dudney <bd...@mac.com>.
Looks good,

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
+1

I have tested 1.2.3 with Derby, PostgreSQL and HSQLDB. All worked
fine after I learned that cayenne unit tests need a PostgreSQL base
with plpgsql.

  - Tore.

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
+1