Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Charlie Wu <cw...@brocade.com> on 2001/08/09 04:27:12 UTC

FOP help please...

Hi there:

I downloaded the latest FOP from xml.apache.org and was trying to run some
simple tests from the commandline.. The documentation says you should just
run:

FOP fo_inputfile pdf_outputfile (see http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html
<http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html> )

but I can't find a FOP.exe or FOP unix binary anywhere.. and since this is
java I suspect there isn't any FOP anywhere anyway.. so I searched
google.com and looked for commandline examples and found many references to
calling org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine - but then when I checked this
against the fop.jar there's NO CLASS with that name!! I couuld only find
Command, CommandLineStarter, and CommandLineOptions..

So what gives????

Can someone please help me out???

Thanks

Charlie

Re: FOP help please...

Posted by Frank Chen <fr...@ms5.hinet.net>.
Hi, Charlie:

FOP is implemented in Java, and you should find the eaxct class to interpreted by the Java interpreter. The following
is the batch file that I use to run FOP under Windows MS-DOS command line:

\jdk1.3\bin\java -classpath .;c:\fop\lib\w3c.jar;c:\fop\lib\xerces-1.2.3.jar;c:\fop\lib\xalan-2.0.0.jar;c:\fop\lib\jimi-1.0.jar;c:\fop\fop.jar org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -c conf/userconfig.xml %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8

The -c conf/userconfig.xml is optional to you unless you have other fonts to install.

Frank Chen