Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ro...@elastica.com on 2006/10/12 17:31:39 UTC

Handling profanity in Spam with fuzzy matching?

What can I do to catch and handle Spam that has profanity with fuzzy matching?

Is there anything that has a good level of accuracy of trapping porn spam?

Re: Handling profanity in Spam with fuzzy matching?

Posted by Jason Haar <Ja...@trimble.co.nz>.
Clifton Royston wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 10:31:39AM -0500, robert@elastica.com wrote:
>
>> What can I do to catch and handle Spam that has profanity with fuzzy matching?
>>
>> Is there anything that has a good level of accuracy of trapping porn spam?
>>

>   Try the SARE Adult ruleset.  They've worked fairly well for me; not
> perfect.

I think you missed the "fuzzy" word in the original email. From what I
can see, the SARE Adult rule tags spam that use English "rude words" -
not words that have been - well - fuzzed - to bypass such rules.

We've seen a real increase in these too. SA can't see them very well as
they aren't good English (actually, neither is that sentence. Let's not
go there ;-)

Simply adding dup letters, etc totally throws off standard word matching.

However, there's no reason why the rulesets couldn't include such
mis-spellings...

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417

Re: Handling profanity in Spam with fuzzy matching?

Posted by Clifton Royston <cl...@lava.net>.
On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 10:31:39AM -0500, robert@elastica.com wrote:
> What can I do to catch and handle Spam that has profanity with fuzzy matching?
>
> Is there anything that has a good level of accuracy of trapping porn spam?

  Try the SARE Adult ruleset.  They've worked fairly well for me; not
perfect.

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr@iandicomputing.com / cliftonr@lava.net