Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by em...@cnedi69.cnafmail.fr on 2003/11/18 15:33:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with Listen parameter

Hello,
I have an error message when i start apache 2.0.47 :
      make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
      Unable to open logs

In my httpd.conf, i have the Listen parameter put to 80.
I have several ethernet  interface and one token ring interface on my aix
system. So
normally apache should start on all interface on the 80 port. But it
doesn't work.

I am sure that port 80 is not used because when i put explicitly the ip
adress in httpd.conf, like that :
Listen x.y.z.1:80
Listen x.y.z.2:80
Listen x.y.z.3:80
It works !

Anybody has an idea ?
Thanks
Emmanuel

Re: [users@httpd] Problem with Listen parameter

Posted by bvr <bv...@xs4all.nl>.
Read the FAQ. There is already something running that listens to port 80
(probably Apache itself). You may be able to check this by typing
'netstat -tlaNp | grep http' on the commandline.

baz.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 emmanuel.rias@cnedi69.cnafmail.fr wrote:

> Hello,
> I have an error message when i start apache 2.0.47 :
>       make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
>       no listening sockets available, shutting down
>       Unable to open logs

I'm not an expert in this, but that message indicates that apache is
trying to bind on an IPv6 interface.  To restrict it to IPv4, try the
following:

Listen 0.0.0.0:80

(or recompile apache with --disable-ipv6 or at least --disable-v4-mapped)

Joshua.