Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by François Facon <fr...@atos.net> on 2012/04/17 21:28:18 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Tapestry5-Portlet

Atos is proud to announce the first release of Tapestry5-Portlet.

This library is based on work of Markus Feindler, Le Xuan Trun and
Kristina B. Taylor
(see http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5portlet/ for more details).

Like Felix Scheffer
(http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-portlet-support/ for more
details),
we have updated the dependencies of this library to use Tapestry 5.2.6.

This library also support:
- portlet event processing (JSR 286)
- serving ajax request as portlet resource (event name that start with
serve or components declared in the PortletResourceResponseIdentifier
service)
- support MARKUP_HEAD_ELEMENT
- rework on IdAllocator to avoid conflict for generated id when there
is more than on tapestry portlet in a page.
- use of Apache Pluto to ease the test

Code is available at https://github.com/got5/tapestry5-portlet.
If you want to see it in action, you just need to:
- Download the sources
- Go to the repository directory
- Run "mvn jetty:run"
- Open your browser to http://localhost:8080/tapestry5-portlet/portal/Index

The contributors of this release are :
- Amaury Willemant
- Demey Emmanuel
- François Facon
and last but not least: Christophe Cordennier for the large rework and
for the intégration of Apache Pluto.

Best Regards

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry5-Portlet

Posted by Jon Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
OMG!!!
I guess this means I have to start working again. It's great and all, but I
got this real comfy dent happening in my couch that I'm hesitant to abandon.

Seriously, great work guys, you just upped my game by an order of magnitude.

thanks
JW

Posted by François Facon <fr...@atos.net>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
This is excellent news ... people have been asking for Portlet support
for quite some time but it's never managed to percolate up the
priority list.

Could you provide a writeup of the general approach, and any obstacles
present in the APIs; I'm assuming you had to override some services
and possibly make use of some internal services.

I'd propose that portlet support should be part of the Apache Tapestry
project OR Tapestry should expose stable, public APIs so that the
portlet support can not be tied to a specific version of Tapestry.

2012/4/17 François Facon <fr...@atos.net>:
> Atos is proud to announce the first release of Tapestry5-Portlet.
>
> This library is based on work of Markus Feindler, Le Xuan Trun and
> Kristina B. Taylor
> (see http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5portlet/ for more details).
>
> Like Felix Scheffer
> (http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-portlet-support/ for more
> details),
> we have updated the dependencies of this library to use Tapestry 5.2.6.
>
> This library also support:
> - portlet event processing (JSR 286)
> - serving ajax request as portlet resource (event name that start with
> serve or components declared in the PortletResourceResponseIdentifier
> service)
> - support MARKUP_HEAD_ELEMENT
> - rework on IdAllocator to avoid conflict for generated id when there
> is more than on tapestry portlet in a page.
> - use of Apache Pluto to ease the test
>
> Code is available at https://github.com/got5/tapestry5-portlet.
> If you want to see it in action, you just need to:
> - Download the sources
> - Go to the repository directory
> - Run "mvn jetty:run"
> - Open your browser to http://localhost:8080/tapestry5-portlet/portal/Index
>

> The contributors of this release are :
> - Amaury Willemant
> - Demey Emmanuel
> - François Facon
> and last but not least: Christophe Cordennier for the large rework and
> for the intégration of Apache Pluto.
>

> Best Regards

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry