Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si> on 2012/11/13 09:22:22 UTC

Whitelabeling: UI Labels

I have been looking the whileabeling into more detail. It became obvious
there are many different parts to it so I am splitting this discussions in
more manageable pieces.
I am starting with the most obvious (and the easiest to do): "UI Labels".
Other discussions will be: messages, documentation, notifications and tools.

As I'll be putting messages and documentation in separate discussions all
we end up with UI Labels is:

*** Navigation item "Apps/About Trac ***

   There is already a ticket for this:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/13 which stipulates that it
is completely removed (it actually says to be moved to footer but the About
page is already accessible from the footer).

  Any objections to remove it? If not I will be doing it via installer and
trac.ini
  Leaving it in and renaming it to "System information" or simply "About"
would require changes to the Trac itself.

*** About page ***

  This is also hinted in ticket #13 but I will open a new ticket for it.
  Page currently consists of Trac description and optional sections about
system configuration.

  We need "About Bloodhound" description section on top. Does anybody has a
text that would fit well here?
  Do we want to keep the About Trac section or do we mention Trac in About
Bloodhound section and remove the rest?

  In any case, the best solution is to make
bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/templates/bh_about.html. Should we do a mock for
it?
  Also the use of word "Bloodhound" need to come out of trac.ini:
   [brand]
   name = Bloodhound

*** Left footer ***

1. We should move the Trac reference to the new About page and optionally
replace it by Bloodhound version
2. Add footer prefix and postfix for any packager branding in trac.ini:
   [brand]
   footer.left.prefix
   footer.left.postfix

*** Right footer ***

It is already configurable through trac.ini project section. Should all
branding be made through project section or should we move the
project/footer to brand/footer.right?

Re: Whitelabeling: UI Labels

Posted by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>.

Updated https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/13