Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Hristo Kosev <hk...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/20 13:05:35 UTC

Problems with DBUserManager/BaseSecurityService

I have some serious problems with getAuthenticatedUser(String, String)
method. Whenever I call it I get this exception

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.java:152)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.java:229)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.getAuthenticatedUser(BaseSecurityService.java:289)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getAuthenticatedUser(TurbineSecurity.java:191)
	at admin.modules.actions.LoginNew.doPerform(LoginNew.java:75)
	at
org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.VelocityAction.doPerform(VelocityAction.java:88)

I had no problems with compiling Turbine and Velocity(I got the latest
versions from the CVS. I first deleted all previous/old class files and then
start the compiling). I also used the Turbine-Oracle SQL files to set the
TURBINE tables, roles, permissions and so on. I also configured right the
TurbineResources.properties file to use Velocity and the right Database.

Re: Problems with DBUserManager/BaseSecurityService

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@e-point.pl>.
Hristo Kosev wrote:

> I have some serious problems with getAuthenticatedUser(String, String)
> method. Whenever I call it I get this exception
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>         at
> org.apache.turbine.services.security.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.java:152)

The line #152 reads

        Criteria criteria = new Criteria();

Looks like some jars are missing from your application's lib directory.
Do you have
the village.jar and jdbc.jar? (at least those come to my mind)

I wish the error message included the names of the class that couldn't
be linked,
and the name of the missing class, but I guess that would be too much
kindness
on the side of JVM implementors...

Rafal

--
Rafal Krzewski
Senior Internet Developer

Re: Problems with DBUserManager/BaseSecurityService

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/20/01 4:05 AM, "Hristo Kosev" <hk...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I had no problems with compiling Turbine and Velocity(I got the latest
> versions from the CVS. I first deleted all previous/old class files and then
> start the compiling). I also used the Turbine-Oracle SQL files to set the
> TURBINE tables, roles, permissions and so on. I also configured right the
> TurbineResources.properties file to use Velocity and the right Database.

Great! You also have the stack trace and the line number...submit a patch
that fixes the issue. :-)

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous