Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Daniele Menozzi <me...@ngi.it> on 2005/09/16 18:53:22 UTC

Clustering

Hi All, I'm interested in clustering (data clustering,more or less like
vivisimo.com does), is there a plugin or an addon for it?
I'm also interested in writing it, so, if someone has some advice, or some
lines of code, it would be very helpful :)

Thank you,
	Menoz

--
		      Free Software Enthusiast
		 Debian Powered Linux User #332564

Re: [Nutch-dev] Re: Clustering

Posted by 周利兵 <zh...@gmail.com>.
cluster crawling?
 I like it,but how to implment them?
 thank you

Re: Clustering

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
What do you mean? There is no difference -- the extension API in Nutch
has no implementation by default. The plugin implements this API and
provides one possible implementation, but if you wanted to, you could
write an alternative or, say, use a commercial clustering solution such
as iBoogie, Vivisimo or the commercial Carrot2 spinoff.

Dawid

Re: Clustering

Posted by Daniele Menozzi <me...@ngi.it>.

Re: Clustering

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
Hi Daniele.

There is a clustering API for on-line clustering in Nutch, so you can
start rolling out your ideas right away :)