Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by barf <St...@uk.fujitsu.com> on 2006/11/17 22:15:24 UTC

myFaces reference documents

I'm just starting myFaces and want to understand how the documentation works.
For example the JSCookMenu component described at
http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/jscookmenu.html
http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/jscookmenu.html  has the usage section :

<t:jscookMenu [ user-role-support-attributes ]
                 [layout="values {hbr, hbl, hur, hul, vbr, vbl, vur, vul}"]
                 [theme="values {ThemeIE, ThemeMiniBlack, ThemeOffice,
ThemePanel}"]
    Nested <t:navigationMenuItem> or <t:navigationMenuItems> tags (menu
items)
</t:jscookMenu>

but going to the Tag Library Documentation at
http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/tlddoc/index.html
http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/tlddoc/index.html  it says 'No
Description' against the 'layout' and 'theme' attributes, and there is no
explanation of  'user-role-support-attributes'.

Ok, you could try them all to figure it out, but is there another reference
source that explains all the attributes ?

Re: myFaces reference documents

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@rhe.co.nz>.
If "#{beanName}" references an object that implements Map then the
bindings "#{beanName.propname}" and "#{beanName['propname']}" are
exactly the same, except that the latter form supports keys with
embedded periods, spaces, etc. while the former does not. In the example
below, example_messages is a map of strings, and the binding is just
pulling one out to display as the name of the menu item. This is generic
JSF, not anything tomahawk-specific.

Regards,

Simon

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Steve,

as an addition to start with MyFaces; It is for sure not a bad idea to
do a fresh svn checkout and start playing around with the
sandbox/tomahawk example applications in order to get a feeling of
what is going on.

How to build them with maven and handy integrate them into your IDE
(eclipse, IntelliJ) is explained under [1].

Furthermore, building your first MyFaces app comes down to some very
simple steps [2].
You can let Maven generate a skeleton myfaces-webapp through the
maven-archetype; with this approach it is really very easy to do some
first steps with MyFaces.

cheers,

Gerald

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Building_With_Maven
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/MyFaces_Archetypes_for_Maven

On 11/17/06, barf <St...@uk.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Thanks Paul,
> I'll go through those links. If you're still there could you briefly explain
> what :
>
> <t:navigationMenuItem id="nav_2_1"
>         itemLabel="#{example_messages['nav_Sample_1']}" action="go_sample1"
> />
>

> the "#{example_messages['nav_Sample_1']}" part of this is.
> Steve

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: myFaces reference documents

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
right, that is the "demo" resource mapping.

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: myFaces reference documents

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Steve,

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Barf,
Their is a lot in information in the wiki [1].  The MyFaces components
wiki page [2] is good place to find information that has not made it
into the documentation.  After that, searching the MyFaces mailing list [3].

Hope this helps.

Paul Spencer

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/MyFacesComponents