Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Ian @ International Sports Agnecy" <ia...@isasports.com> on 2001/11/20 02:51:44 UTC

Problems Confirugint Mod Perl/Mod SSL on Apache 1.3.22

I'm having a bit of a problem getting everything to work right.
Everything Compiles, then it looks like it's running, but the moment
your client (or telnet) connects, it shuts itself down.

I've tried 'make clean && make && make install' to see if that remedies
the problem, but that doesn't help.  I've also reset my httpd.conf file
to the defaults, and that doesn't help either.

When I do just a 'plain-jane' ./apachectl start (as opposed to an
./apachectl startssl), I get the webpages, however, the mod_perl
interface seems not to work.  (HTML::Mason won't work).

Any suggestions?

Ian

----
>From RFC 1925: "(3)  With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure
where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under
them as they fly overhead."

Re: Problems Confirugint Mod Perl/Mod SSL on Apache 1.3.22

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Ian @ International Sports Agnecy wrote:

> I'm having a bit of a problem getting everything to work right.

Hmmm.  Not very specific.

> I've tried 'make clean && make && make install'

Hmmmmm.  So I guess you're on Linux, right?

> I've also reset my httpd.conf file to the defaults, and that doesn't

Hmmmmmmmmm.  Which defaults are they?

> Any suggestions?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  You need to provide more information.  Please read
the file mod_perl/SUPPORT and try to give us more hard facts.

73,
Ged.

Re: Problems Confirugint Mod Perl/Mod SSL on Apache 1.3.22

Posted by Gedanken <ge...@io.com>.
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Ian @ International Sports Agnecy wrote:

if you telnet to port 80 and issue a head request manually, what does the
server report exactly?  it should list the modules you have properly
installed.

gedanken

--
gedanken