Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Roger Roelofs <re...@datacompusa.com> on 2003/02/18 20:08:51 UTC

New in rc2: Section heading is being repeated

It's probably me...but since I installed 0.20.5rc2 my section headings
have been repeating at the top and bottom of the block in the pdf.
Here's a fragment of the xsl file, and a fragment of the xml it
operates on.

Could someone better at fo tell me if it is my code or a change in fop?

xsl---------------
<xsl:template match="Section">
   <fo:block
           space-before="6pt"
           text-align="start"
           font-size="12pt"
           font-weight="bold" border=".2pt solid black">
     <xsl:value-of select="@id" />
     <fo:table table-layout="fixed" font-weight="normal">
       <fo:table-column column-width="40pt" />
       <fo:table-column column-width="30pt" />
       <fo:table-column column-width="200pt" />
       <fo:table-column column-width="250pt" />
       <fo:table-body>
         <xsl:apply-templates select="Item" />
       </fo:table-body>
     </fo:table>
   </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

xml-------------------
<Section id="Dwelling Condition">
	<Item id="lDCBldgPresent">
		<Label>Other Bldgs</Label>
		<Value>No</Value>
		<Score>0</Score>
	</Item>
	<Item id="lDCGaragePresent">
		<Label>Garage</Label>
		<Value>Yes</Value>
		<Score>0</Score>
	</Item>
</Section>

PDF output -----------
Dwelling Condition
0	Other Bldgs		No
0	Garage			Yes
Dwelling Condition     <---- this line is new as of today.
-----------------------
Thanks

Roger,

Roger Roelofs                          Phone 616 574-0480 x246
Datacomp Appraisal Services            Fax   616 574-0486
3215 Eaglecrest Drive, NE  Suite 100   email rer@datacompusa.com
Grand Rapids, MI  49525-4593           web   www.datacompusa.com

Re: New in rc2: Section heading is being repeated

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Roger,

Roger Roelofs wrote:
> Thanks!  In future I'll build test cases for questions to the list.  Is
> there a way to get fop to save the .fo file it generates during the xslt
> transform?

You've got the file xalan.bat (which does this for FOP) in your
0.20.5rc2 root directory.

Just run this from the command line:

   xalan -in foo.xml -xsl foo.xsl -out foo.fo

(where foo.xml is the path to your XML file & foo.xsl is the path to
your XSL file).

Brought to you by our friendly neighborhood FOP committers...

:-)

--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com

Re: New in rc2: Section heading is being repeated

Posted by Roger Roelofs <re...@datacompusa.com>.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Roger Roelofs wrote:
> It's probably me...but since I installed 0.20.5rc2 my section headings
> have been repeating at the top and bottom of the block in the pdf.

This is fixed now in CVS.

J.Pietschmann