Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian Thompson <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/06 01:53:53 UTC

Struts 2 Action Mapping - Redirect

Hey all,

I'm using Struts 2 (version 2.0.2) in a simple web application running on
Tomcat.  I have a page to submit data, and after the "saveData" method in my
action class is called, I'd like to have it redirect to the editData page
for the newly-entered data.

I've tried putting the following in my struts.xml:

        <action name="saveNewType" class="my.package.TypeManagement"
method="saveNew">
            <interceptor-ref name="adminCheck"/>
            <result name="success" type="redirect">editType.action
?id=${id}</result>
        </action>

According to the documentation, this should work, but instead, I get
redirected to

http://my.server.com/myproj/editType.action?id=${id}

Has anyone run into anything similar?

Thanks,

Brian Thompson

Re: Struts 2 Action Mapping - Redirect

Posted by Brian Thompson <el...@gmail.com>.
The URL that my action mapping below produced is:

http://localhost:8080/OLT/mgt/manageCourseTypes!password.action?id=f6a08f77-1680-4945-b979-8a833c28b88d

instead of

http://localhost:8080/OLT/mgt/manageCourseTypes.action?id=f6a08f77-1680-4945-b979-8a833c28b88d

-Brian

Posted by Brian Thompson <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nate Drake <nd...@gmail.com>.
The NPE in ServletRedirectResult is a bug.  It has been fixed in 2.0.5

Re: Struts 2 Action Mapping - Redirect

Posted by Brian Thompson <el...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the idea!  Sadly, that just makes it worse.  When I switch to
type="redirect-action", I don't even get forwarded to the next action.  I
get

Struts Problem Report

Struts has detected an unhandled exception:
 *Messages*:
 *File*: org/apache/struts2/dispatcher/ServletRedirectResult.java  *Line
number*: 126
and a NullPointerException stack trace.

Has anyone run into either of these problems before?

Posted by Nate Drake <nd...@gmail.com>.