Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Tigran Najaryan <ti...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/09 13:49:28 UTC

Falcon tests fail: SecurityError: Error #2017: Only trusted local files may cause the Flash Player to exit.

Not sure where do I report this.

If you  get a Flash Player error when trying to run the compiler tests make sure to add full path to directory falcon/compiler.tests to your Flash Player trust file (for location see http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=security2_25.html)

Without trusting the directory the mxml.tags.MXMLArrayTagTests in feature.tests opens Flash Player and then fails with popup error message since it is not trusted to execute the exit() call.

Adding directory falcon/compiler.tests to Flash Player Trust files fixes the problem.

RE: Falcon tests fail: SecurityError: Error #2017: Only trusted local files may cause the Flash Player to exit.

Posted by Tigran Najaryan <ti...@gmail.com>.
> Ah, you are correct... This is part of the README for the SDK, but isn't
part of
> the README for Falcon(JS/JX). Since most developers will have built the
SDK
> before getting to the compiler(s), we got away with this ;-)

My mistake. Since it is in the README for the SDK and it is a pre-requisite
for Falcon I think that is sufficient.

Re: Falcon tests fail: SecurityError: Error #2017: Only trusted local files may cause the Flash Player to exit.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Ah, you are correct... This is part of the README for the SDK, but
isn't part of the README for Falcon(JS/JX). Since most developers will
have built the SDK before getting to the compiler(s), we got away with
this ;-)

Another addition to the README, via a JIRA ticket?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27