Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by maidiepe <m....@gmail.com> on 2014/04/22 11:55:20 UTC

Karaf 2.3.5 starting child instance

Hi,

In Karaf 2.3.4 i created and started child instances without a problem,
however after updating to 2.3.5 my freshly created child instances won't
start anymore.

The procedure:
./client -a 8101 (root instance) -u admin -p (password)
admin:create foo (new instance)
admin:start foo (trying to start instance)

I turned the logging level to DEBUG but received no feedback in the log at
all.

Is this issue known and if so, does anyone give me an explanation ?

Info:
Java version "1.7.0_51"
Karaf version: 2.3.5

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Maik

Re: Karaf 2.3.5 starting child instance

Posted by maidiepe <m....@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

Yes, the command still displays stopped.

When i execute the ./start script of the child instance i get some output
but the status is still stopped when i perform a admin:list

Thanks for the quick response b.t.w.

Re: Karaf 2.3.5 starting child instance

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Maik,

admin:list still display "Stopped" ?

I gonna try to reproduce it.

I keep you posted.

Regards
JB

On 04/22/2014 11:55 AM, maidiepe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Karaf 2.3.4 i created and started child instances without a problem,
> however after updating to 2.3.5 my freshly created child instances won't
> start anymore.
>
> The procedure:
> ./client -a 8101 (root instance) -u admin -p (password)
> admin:create foo (new instance)
> admin:start foo (trying to start instance)
>
> I turned the logging level to DEBUG but received no feedback in the log at
> all.
>
> Is this issue known and if so, does anyone give me an explanation ?
>
> Info:
> Java version "1.7.0_51"
> Karaf version: 2.3.5
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Greetings,
> Maik

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf 2.3.5 starting child instance

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI, the issue is now fixed on 2.3.6-SNAPSHOT (Jenkins will deploy
SNAPSHOTs tonight).

Regards
JB

On 04/22/2014 03:43 PM, maidiepe wrote:
> Thanks for creating the issue. I will wait for bugfix!

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf 2.3.5 starting child instance

Posted by maidiepe <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI:

Regards
JB

> Hi Maik,
>
> I reproduced your issue on Karaf 2.3.5 (it works fine on 3.0.1).
>
> I create a Jira and fix that asap.
> Sorry about that.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 04/22/2014 11:55 AM, maidiepe wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In Karaf 2.3.4 i created and started child instances without a problem,
>> however after updating to 2.3.5 my freshly created child instances won't
>> start anymore.
>>
>> The procedure:
>> ./client -a 8101 (root instance) -u admin -p (password)
>> admin:create foo (new instance)
>> admin:start foo (trying to start instance)
>>
>> I turned the logging level to DEBUG but received no feedback in the
>> log at
>> all.
>>
>> Is this issue known and if so, does anyone give me an explanation ?
>>
>> Info:
>> Java version "1.7.0_51"
>> Karaf version: 2.3.5
>>

>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Maik
>>

>> --

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf 2.3.5 starting child instance

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Maik,

I reproduced your issue on Karaf 2.3.5 (it works fine on 3.0.1).

I create a Jira and fix that asap.
Sorry about that.

Regards
JB

On 04/22/2014 11:55 AM, maidiepe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Karaf 2.3.4 i created and started child instances without a problem,
> however after updating to 2.3.5 my freshly created child instances won't
> start anymore.
>
> The procedure:
> ./client -a 8101 (root instance) -u admin -p (password)
> admin:create foo (new instance)
> admin:start foo (trying to start instance)
>
> I turned the logging level to DEBUG but received no feedback in the log at
> all.
>
> Is this issue known and if so, does anyone give me an explanation ?
>
> Info:
> Java version "1.7.0_51"
> Karaf version: 2.3.5
>

> Thanks in advance.