Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2002/09/17 10:06:38 UTC

MX4J Version in Avalon/Phoenix 4.0 release?

Hello,

good to see that there's finally a release, congratulations :)

My question: what is the version of the included MX4J libraries? If it
is the latest release version as downloadable from
http://mx4j.sourceforge.net, then that would not be ideal. There are a
few annoying bugs in that release, which affect Phoenix's management
console. I reported these bugs a couple of weeks ago and they told me
that they fixed them in CVS.

So, what's the status here? I think it would be less than desirable to
make an Avalon/Phoenix release and have a buggy MX4J in it :)

cheers,

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: MX4J Version in Avalon/Phoenix 4.0 release?

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:09, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> Paul Hammant wrote:
> > Peter, Ulrich,
> >
> > It contains the latest release.  The "get-mx4j" target indicates the 1.1
> > release.  We could cut a release from HEAD, but that would not be ideal.
> >
> > Ulrich,  could you cut/paste the bug descriptions here?
>
> Phoenix's management console is pretty unusable except for displaying
> and setting strings. Other data types do not work properly. Here's a
> bugfix for longs and booleans:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=573252&group_id=47
>745&atid=451276
>
> And here are some more essentials since 1.1:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=585843&group_id=47
>745&atid=451276
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=585848&group_id=47
>745&atid=451276
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=610837&group_id=47
>745&atid=451276

hmmm .. they are fairly important. Especially the arrays one. We will
definetly need to re release soonish to get that one  in ...

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
                -- Voltaire

Re: MX4J Version in Avalon/Phoenix 4.0 release?

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter, Ulrich,

It contains the latest release.  The "get-mx4j" target indicates the 1.1
release.  We could cut a release from HEAD, but that would not be ideal.

Ulrich,  could you cut/paste the bug descriptions here?

Regards,

- Paul

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

--