Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <di...@eastnode.com> on 2001/12/27 18:05:34 UTC

Upload Indicator

We're using the html upload form on our website with turbine.  Does
anyone know of any slick solutions that allow clients to see an upload
progress bar?  When people are uploading 100 mb files they start to
wonder :)  I've looked around and seen a couple solutions that work with
Microsoft's ASP.  Does anyone know if there are any preexisting
solutions out there that would work with turbine?  Or am I best off
developing a Java Applet?

Thanks,

Dan Diephouse

Re: Upload Indicator

Posted by Dan Diephouse <di...@eastnode.com>.
Maybe just ie...too many acronyms in my head....

http://www.websupergoo.com/helpupload/3-examples/progressupload.htm
http://www.aspupload.com/livedemo.html
http://www.dundas.com/products/OnlineDocs/FreeProds/Upload/Tutorial_3.htm

- Dan Diephouse

Re: Upload Indicator

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Dan Diephouse <di...@eastnode.com> writes:

> We're using the html upload form on our website with turbine.  Does
> anyone know of any slick solutions that allow clients to see an upload
> progress bar?  When people are uploading 100 mb files they start to
> wonder :)  I've looked around and seen a couple solutions that work
> with Microsoft's ASP.  Does anyone know if there are any preexisting
> solutions out there that would work with turbine?  Or am I best off
> developing a Java Applet?

"Work with ASP" or "work in IE"?

Re: Upload Indicator

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
> We're using the html upload form on our website with
> turbine.  Does
> anyone know of any slick solutions that allow
> clients to see an upload
> progress bar?  When people are uploading 100 mb
> files they start to
> wonder :)  I've looked around and seen a couple
> solutions that work with
> Microsoft's ASP.

Can you share your wisdom :) ? I'm interested how
small and soft guys solved it :)

AFAIK, iupload is just a post request with multipart
data -> and netscape does not provide any indicators
for progress...

> Does anyone know if there are any
> preexisting
> solutions out there that would work with turbine?
> Or am I best off
> developing a Java Applet?

That would be an option. But you will have to request
proper privileges.

regards,

=====
Konstantin Priblouda ( ko5tik )    Freelance Software developer
< http://www.pribluda.de > < play java games -> http://www.yook.de >
< render charts online -> http://www.pribluda.de/povray/ >