Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "shanmuganathan.r" <sh...@zohocorp.com> on 2011/09/21 09:21:35 UTC

Region server crash?

Hi All,

            I am running the HBase in fully distributed mode. I used the HBase 0.90.2 version . I have one doubt , that one is what will happen when the Region server is crashed ?

If the one region is managed by one region server then what will happen after the crash of the region server?

Thanks in Advance....

Regards

R.Shanmuganathan

Re: Region server crash?

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
That question is sort of orthogonal to the first one... Please create
a new thread if you want to change the subject.

HBase uses the DFSClient, for example if HBase needs to open a file it
needs to talk to the NN first (through the DFSClient, HBase doesn't
really know what's going on).

J-D

Re: Region server crash?

Re: Region server crash?