Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by iimchuckles <ii...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/06 21:43:18 UTC

Re: selective index searching

Hello All,

I've followed the instructions below and for the purpose of searching
multiple indexes at the same time it works great.

I have a crawl directory with multiple indexes beneath it
crawl/category1/section1
crawl/category1/section2
crawl/category2/section1
crawl/category2/section2

How can I search category1/section1 and category2/section1 for term "help
text"
Would using a multisearcher help here or is there a way of specificying the
indexes you want to use?
Possibly create a new field for each item during a crawl/index "cat:1,sec:2"
and then merging all indexes into one and searching on specified fields?
Am I traveling down the right path? or am I lost?

Thanks in advance,
Chad

Zaheed Haque wrote:

> Hi:
> Assuming you have
>
> index 1 at /data/crawl1
> index 2 at /data/crawl2
>
> In nutch-site.xml
> searcher.dir = /data
>
> Under /data you have a text file called search-server.txt (I think do
> check nutch-site search.dir description please)
>
> In the text file you will have the following
>
> hostname1 portnumber
> hostname2 portnumber
>
> example
> localhost 1234
> localhost 5678
>
> Then you need to start
> bin/nutch server 1234 /data/craw1 &
> and
> bin/nutch server 5678 /data/crawl2 &
> now try
> bin/nutch org.apache.nutch.search.NutchBean www
> you should see results :-)
> Cheers

Sent from the Nutch - User forum at Nabble.com.