Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sn...@hotmail.com on 2002/04/29 11:43:18 UTC

Invalid URI in request Get HTTP/1.1

Greetings everybody,
                    Can someone tell me exactly what the
                    above error message means?

                    I have Apache 1.3.19 installed and configured
                    on Linux Mandrake 7.2 (Odyssey)

                    The servername has been set to www.snodx.com
                    the Port directive has been commented. The
                    DirectoryIndex is the filename index.wml
                    not index.html as it is on most systems
                    (because I want my Apache to be accessed
                     only via WAP devices)

                     So whenever someone types www.snodx.com
                     the request comes straight to my Apache
                     server

                     I installed the Nokia WAP Toolkit on
                     another Windows machine, opened the
                     BluePrint emulator, and typed www.snodx.com
                     I got an error that the emulator could not
                     connect to the web-server.

                     When I checked the Apache access and error
                     logs I saw a line in the access logs-
                     indicating a get request from the Windows
                     client machine (on which the Nokia WAP
                     toolkit is installed)- and this error message
                     in the error logs.
___________
| NOKIA   |
| WAP     |
| TOOLKIT |                            __________
|_________|                            | APACHE |
     |                                 | HTTP   |
     |------------------>>---------<<--| SERVER |
_____|______                           |________|
| ERICSSON |
| R380     |
| EMULATOR |

                     www.snodx.com opens fine when I open it from
                     other WAP devices such as Ericsson R380. It
                     is only from the Nokia emulator that I am
                     getting this error.

                     Awaiting a reply.

                     Thanks in advance.
                                                      SNODX