Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/10/11 00:11:21 UTC

Consultants Directory: Update and Help Needed

So here's where we are with the consultants listing:

1) XLST script, data file, strings for en and it are checked in under
ooo-site/content/bizdev/consultants

2) Announcement to ooo-dev/ooo-users/forums/twitter/google+/facebook
(but not ooo-announce since that is almost all end-users)

3) Blog post

4) I also went through the legacy consultant listings and reviewed the
websites of the English-speaking entities.  Where one appeared to
still be relevant I sent them an email and pointed them to the new
listing instructions and invited them to submit a new listing.  This
was a judgement call, but generally if the website was still up and I
found an explicit mention of OpenOffice services then I considered it
relevant.  But if it was just a generic IT services company with no
mention of OpenOffice then I did not send an invite. Of course,
nothing prevents them from submitting a listing, and if they do we
review it like any other.

5) What we have so far is here:
http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html

Note, there are more coming.  One was posted to the list today that I
need to check in.  And there are a few more were I was emailed that
they were interested and would submit a listing.

So areas where I could use help:

1) Reviewing the non-English legacy consultants for relevant ones who
should be invited.  German, French, Italian and Spanish volunteers are
especially needed.  If you can help I can send you a spreadsheet of
the websites and an English version of my invitation note.  Maybe 30
or so per language.

2 (less urgent) At some point we might enable the automatic generation
of the HTML from the XML + XSLT.  Since I don't speak Perl I'm going
to need someone else to tackle this.

Thanks!

-Rob

Re: Consultants Directory: Update and Help Needed

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Sylvain DENIS
<sy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can help in french ;)

Thanks.  Look for a note direct from me in a few minutes.

-Rob

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Sylvain DENIS
<sy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can help in french ;)
>
> greetings

So good.

Volunteers are showing up (:

--
Albino

Re: Consultants Directory: Update and Help Needed

Posted by Sylvain DENIS <sy...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.
Hello Rob,

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 10/11/2012 12:11 AM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> So here's where we are with the consultants listing:
>
> 1) XLST script, data file, strings for en and it are checked in under
> ooo-site/content/bizdev/consultants
>
> 2) Announcement to ooo-dev/ooo-users/forums/twitter/google+/facebook
> (but not ooo-announce since that is almost all end-users)
>
> 3) Blog post
>
> 4) I also went through the legacy consultant listings and reviewed the
> websites of the English-speaking entities.  Where one appeared to
> still be relevant I sent them an email and pointed them to the new
> listing instructions and invited them to submit a new listing.  This
> was a judgement call, but generally if the website was still up and I
> found an explicit mention of OpenOffice services then I considered it
> relevant.  But if it was just a generic IT services company with no
> mention of OpenOffice then I did not send an invite. Of course,
> nothing prevents them from submitting a listing, and if they do we
> review it like any other.
>
> 5) What we have so far is here:
> http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html
>
> Note, there are more coming.  One was posted to the list today that I
> need to check in.  And there are a few more were I was emailed that
> they were interested and would submit a listing.
>
> So areas where I could use help:
>
> 1) Reviewing the non-English legacy consultants for relevant ones who
> should be invited.  German, French, Italian and Spanish volunteers are
> especially needed.  If you can help I can send you a spreadsheet of
> the websites and an English version of my invitation note.  Maybe 30
> or so per language.
>
> 2 (less urgent) At some point we might enable the automatic generation
> of the HTML from the XML + XSLT.  Since I don't speak Perl I'm going
> to need someone else to tackle this.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Rob

I've committet a localized version for DE.

Marcus

Re: Consultants Directory: Update and Help Needed

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On 10/10/12, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> So here's where we are with the consultants listing:
>
> 1) XLST script, data file, strings for en and it are checked in under
> ooo-site/content/bizdev/consultants
>
> 2) Announcement to ooo-dev/ooo-users/forums/twitter/google+/facebook
> (but not ooo-announce since that is almost all end-users)
>
> 3) Blog post
>
> 4) I also went through the legacy consultant listings and reviewed the
> websites of the English-speaking entities.  Where one appeared to
> still be relevant I sent them an email and pointed them to the new
> listing instructions and invited them to submit a new listing.  This
> was a judgement call, but generally if the website was still up and I
> found an explicit mention of OpenOffice services then I considered it
> relevant.  But if it was just a generic IT services company with no
> mention of OpenOffice then I did not send an invite. Of course,
> nothing prevents them from submitting a listing, and if they do we
> review it like any other.
>
> 5) What we have so far is here:
> http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html
>
> Note, there are more coming.  One was posted to the list today that I
> need to check in.  And there are a few more were I was emailed that
> they were interested and would submit a listing.
>
> So areas where I could use help:
>
> 1) Reviewing the non-English legacy consultants for relevant ones who
> should be invited.  German, French, Italian and Spanish volunteers are
> especially needed.  If you can help I can send you a spreadsheet of
> the websites and an English version of my invitation note.  Maybe 30
> or so per language.
>
> 2 (less urgent) At some point we might enable the automatic generation
> of the HTML from the XML + XSLT.  Since I don't speak Perl I'm going
> to need someone else to tackle this.

I added strings_es.xml for spanish. Isn't this possible to do this in
Python? I thought the server support it.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice

Re: Consultants Directory: Update and Help Needed

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 11/10/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> So areas where I could use help:
> 1) Reviewing the non-English legacy consultants for relevant ones who
> should be invited.  German, French, Italian and Spanish volunteers are
> especially needed.

Just post a quick request in English to ooo-progetto-it: I'll moderate
it through, adding a brief explanation, and we will surely find
volunteers who can take care of this.

Regards,
   Andrea.