Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sp...@aformatik.de on 2007/04/18 22:43:56 UTC

[CSV] How to start?

Good evening,

in two projects of mine I use something like a CSV-Object Mapper, which I
have developed. I would like to share it and make a project of it. My
mapper goes a lot further than the three existing csv-projects, but is not
much code either.

by Sebastian

Re: [CSV] How to start?

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Comments:

--- Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/18/07, sp@aformatik.de <sp...@aformatik.de> wrote:
> >
> > Good evening,
> >
> > in two projects of mine I use something like a
> CSV-Object Mapper, which I
> > have developed. I would like to share it and make
> a project of it. My
> > mapper goes a lot further than the three existing
> csv-projects, but is not
> > much code either.
> >
> > by Sebastian
>
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> My first thought is that String->Object mapping is
> something that
> comes up a lot. We had a Commons Convert sandbox
> project a while back,
> but it was overmodelled. Now Morph (spawned out of
> the Convert
> discussions) is interested in joining, and of course
> BeanUtils still
> has conversion code in (this is what lead to the
> Convert component).
> So my assumption (architectually) for a CSV-Object
> mapper would be to
> hook a csv parser up to Morph. I've not tried that,
> so I might be
> missing lots.

This is similar to what I am doing with Morph--in my
day job I have written a fixed length file library and
am in the final stages of using Morph to effect
dumping an Object graph onto a "record" structure.
There still remains hope that this library might see
the light of day as an OSS project, FWIW...

-Matt

Re: [CSV] How to start?

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.