Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Udo Schnurpfeil <ud...@schnurpfeil.de> on 2006/11/13 18:28:20 UTC

[Tobago] Important changes to tc:tree (please rename tc:tree to tc:treeOld)

Hello,

today I've started the development of the long outstanding fundamental
change of the tc:tree tag. (The change was announced in the tld-file
long time ago.)

If you are using this tag and you want to update to version
1.0.9-SNAPSHOT of tobago you should change your code by renaming tc:tree
to tc:treeOld.

The tc:treeOld tag will keep the old functionality for the time being.

The main change is TOBAGO-18: Implement a var attribute for the tree
The change will make the tree more flexible, the current version is very
old, and has some disadvantages (e.g. the name of a node can't be set
with an usual EL-Expression).

I apologize for the trouble caused.

Regards

Udo

Re: [Tobago] Important changes to tc:tree (please rename tc:tree to tc:treeOld)

Posted by Udo Schnurpfeil <ud...@schnurpfeil.de>.
Hello,

it turns out, that the changes are very complex.
The release of 1.0.9 is scheduled for 30/Nov/06.
To have a stable version at release time I suggest to put
the new tree for the time being in the sandbox
and schedule the release of the fundamental change
to version 1.1.0.

Regards

Udo

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.