Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/10 02:44:17 UTC

[VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Going with RC3:

http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-io/1.3.1-rc3/

The only change is that I've fixed the manifest to say 1.3.1 and not 1.3.

 [ ] +1
 [ ] -1

Hen

RE: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsoftware.com>.
+1

Tested with:
- Windows XP Pro SP2 + current patches
- Sun Java 1.4.2_13
- Ant 1.6.5
- Maven 1.0.2

Gary

Re: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Niall

Re: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Henri Yandell wrote:

> Going with RC3:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-io/1.3.1-rc3/
>
> The only change is that I've fixed the manifest to say 1.3.1 and not 1.3.
>
>  [ ] +1
>  [ ] -1
>
> Hen

+1 from me

- Jörg

Re: [RESULT] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
[Apologies for spam...]

Jörg Schaible is on the PMC too. I missed his name in the list when scanning.

Hen

[RESULT] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Vote passed with +1s from:

RE: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsoftware.com>.
The following worked for me:

- Windows XP Pro SP2 + current patches
- Sun Java 1.6.0, 1.5.0_10 and 1.4.2_13
- Ant 1.6.5
- Maven 1.0.2
- ant clean dist test
- maven clean site:generate

Gary

Re: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Holger Hoffstaette <ho...@wizards.de>.
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:49:39 +0100, Oliver Heger wrote:

> Everything looks good, but I get the test failure below when building with
> both ant and maven.
>
> I am on Windows XP SP2. The problem occurred with JDK 1.5.0_09 and 1.6.0.
> Can anybody reproduce this?
>
> Oliver
>
> Testsuite: org.apache.commons.io.FileUtilsCleanDirectoryTestCase Tests
> run: 4, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,18 sec
>
> Testcase:
> testThrowsOnNullList(org.apache.commons.io.FileUtilsCleanDirectoryTestCase):
> FAILED
> expected IOException
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected IOException
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.io.FileUtilsCleanDirectoryTestCase.testThrowsOnNullList(FileUtilsCleanDirectoryTestCase.java:114)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at

Works for me with any JDK on Windows. I get a different failure but that's
because I have an expected chmod binary in my Windows %PATH% :-}

-h

Re: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> Worth following up for IO 1.4 (could you add it to JIRA?), but as it's
> going to have been in 1.3, I'm not concerned about it being in 1.3.1.
>
> Hen

If nobody else can reproduce this problem, it has probably to do with my
setup. I hope I find some time in the next few days to have a closer
look at the affected test to get an idea what is going on.

Anyway, you can count my vote as a +1.

Oliver

Re: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Henri Yandell wrote:

> On 2/15/07, Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Oliver Heger wrote:
>>
>> > For the protocol: I think I know now what is going on:
>> >
>> > Some tests in FileUtilsCleanDirectoryTestCase try to delete files that
>> > have been set to read-only. This is expected to throw an exception. To
>> > set the read-only flag the method chmod() tries to execute the unix
>> > "chmod" command. If this fails (which should normally be the case on
>> > windows), the test is ignored.
>> >
>> > Now I am on windows, but I happen to have some unix commands in my path
>> > (these are windows ports of some typical unix commands), including
>> > chmod. So the execution of chmod is successful, but obviously the
>> > command does not have the desired effect: the files can be deleted, and
>> > no exception is thrown. This causes the tests to fail.
>> >
>> > I guess this is a rather unusual scenario.
>>
>> Well, IMHO not *that* unusual. A lot of people use Cygwin (incl. myself),
>> MKS Toolkit, Microsoft's Posix Tools, MingW32 or software that installs
>> such things to run. On a Windows box c-io should not try to run chmod.
>
> Agreed. Could someone add it to JIRA?

Done. IO-115.

- Jörg

Re: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Re: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Re: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
+1

We probably should mark the static changed method as @since 1.3.1, but
that is not a blocker.

Stephen

Re: [VOTE] IO 1.3.1 (RC3)

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 2/9/07, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Going with RC3:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-io/1.3.1-rc3/
>
> The only change is that I've fixed the manifest to say 1.3.1 and not 1.3.
>
>  [X] +1
>  [ ] -1

<snip/>

Nits:
 * Some of the POM cruft might as well be removed (such as cobertura bits)
 * POM does not list 1.3 in <versions>

-Rahul