Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu> on 2015/06/25 15:36:07 UTC

Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: Inconsistent behavior during read

Regards, Aditya. I´m agree with Jack here. In our tests here with read
and writes in Cassandra (version 2.1.5), we played with several CL, and
QUORUM is the best for us.

Marcos Ortiz <http://about.me/marcosortiz>, Sr. Product Manager (Data
Infrastructure) at UCI

Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: Inconsistent behavior during read

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
Quorum will give you strong consistency, but if you're using RF=2 you're
going to have issues, as Quorum on RF=2 = CL=ALL.  You'll want to use RF=3
to make sure you can tolerate failure of a node, otherwise a single node
going down will result in unanswerable queries.