Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/08 19:17:39 UTC

[kaffe][ant][jikes] Ant thinks Jikes does not support -bootclasspath

Stefan,

Can we please fix ant?
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/compilers/Jikes.java?annotate=1.22.2.6

"-bootclasspath" seems to have been added a while back in jikes.

Thanks,
dims

Re: [kaffe][ant][jikes] Ant thinks Jikes does not support -bootclasspath

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a ton :)

-- dims

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Dumb Question...Is the problem because we can't find out what the
bootclasspath in current VM is? How about this let's check
System.getProperty("sun.boot.class.path") and see if it is empty and
take a decision based on that? if that is NOT empty and compiler is
JIKES then use "-bootclasspath" command line. In xalan's case, we need
to add the other jars that needs to be in bootclasspath.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.