Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Chris Peart <ch...@peart.me.uk> on 2022/10/19 10:25:08 UTC

Help with MM2 active/passive configuration

Hi All,

I'm new to MirrorMaker and have a production cluster running version
2.8.1 and have a development cluster running the same version.

Our prod cluster has 4 brokers and our dev cluster has 3 brokers, both
have a replication factor of 3.

I would like to setup an active/passive replication using MM2, we used
to do this with Cloudera but have we have decommissioned Cloudera and
would like to know how to configure topic replication using MM2.

I believe i need a mm2.properties file to achieve this. i do see what
looks like a configuration in
/opt/kafka_2.13-2.8.1/config/connect-mirror-maker.properties but i'm not
sure if this is an active/passive configuration.

Ideally an example file would be ideal if possible?

Many Thanks,

Chris

Re: Help with MM2 active/passive configuration

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
This is what Ryanne mentioned doc:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/tree/trunk/connect/mirror

Thanks.